Thursday, June 3, 2010

Field Trip to the Erie Zoo

My first field trip with any of my kids...I guess I say I am too busy....but it had been 31 years ago since the last time I had been at the Erie Zoo. Many things have changed and probably for the better. I missed seeing the big gorilla that would throw up and then lick it up...sounds pretty gross, but to a kindergartner that was hilarious...or the colorful baboons that carried on in such terrible ways. I guess it was good then I did not know what I know now or my observances might not have been so enjoyable. Somehow the zoo seems so dull and boring. Seeing a polar bear living in 80 degree heat when the warmest the typically see is around freezing makes you just feel sorry for the poor thing penned up in an area of a few hundred square feet when they could roam for hundreds of thousands of square miles in freedom. Only good thing.... they are guaranteed 3 meals a day.






Mrs Herl and Kendras classmates.
My sweety and I on the train.

No comments: