Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Memories in the Mountains

Since I could not shoot any deer, I decided to take Kenton the Mountains. I took him to the spot where I shot my first buck. It was a great bonding time. We had so much fun.

Break of day waiting for deer.

The view of his shot. It was not an easy shot and he missed.

About 9:00 it started to rain and then snow and back to rain.

Keeping my client dry as a bone.

You know me, I love to talk. I struck up a conversation with this gentleman. We were reminiscing of the good old days. 25 years ago this place would sound like a war. Tons of deer running everywhere....I told him of my first buck kill and how I used to hunt with Daryl Rowan and Del Neely. He laughed....Dell was his dad. Larry had changed quite a bit over 25 years. We had a great time catching up. He was there the year I shot my buck. He loves these woods so much he drives clear from Dayton Ohio to hunt.

Me and my hunting buddy.


Making memories and having a blast!

Kenton was watching a deer through the scope and was concentrating so hard he had some rear wind action. He got to laughing so hard we had to move to a new spot since all the deer in the county could hear us both howling our heads off.



Kenton thought these two trees were cool.

Kenton loves drinking from mountain streams.

1 comment:

Mary Herl said...

What a great day you seem to have had hunting together! Enjoyed the joy on both your faces. Just glad I wasn't around for the "concentration" moment! :=)