Sunday, May 11, 2008

Special Mother's Day Service

Giving our oldest attending member her flowers for "Oldest Mother".
Marie McAdoo is 88 years old and is our Church Building Fund Treasurer. Marie is one of the main reasons why our church is in existance today.
Giving Tribute: After a setback with a fire in 1985, she and 3 other ladies kept the church open despite the Allegheny Connections efforts to close it down and sell the properties. The other ladies include Esther Brooks, Isabelle Hemstreet, and Margaret Beery. She has fully supportive of our building fund project and has been very helpful in keeping track of the finances for the project.


Tiffany Mooney recived the "Mother with the Youngest Child" award.

The ladies finally gave me a smile while saying "fuzzy pickles".

3 comments:

The Canfield Family said...

I just love the older saints of the church, and the example they set.....not only to me, but especially to my children. I wish we could keep them down here forever, but God is calling them home one by one. Thanks for your tribute.
Doug

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I think maybe I should try to qualify for the one flower for next year - not the oldest mother one either!!! :-)

Julie

Janiece said...

It looks like you had a wonderful group of mothers!