Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If Your Head is Stupid...


.....your body has to suffer for it. At least that is what my Dad always told me. Well maybe even just your head itself. I think the saying goes if other people are stupid you may have to suffer as well, but we won't go there right now.

I have this habit of never turning the lights on when going through the church if it is dark out. I know how many steps through the vestibule, turn right and so many steps to a door and I always stick my hand out. If I don't feel the door I walk on in the room. If I touch the door my hand slides down and I open it and walk through the next dark room and unlock my office door step in then turn on my office lights. I have done this a thousand times. This time was different. Someone left the door ajar....my hand told me the door was open as I continued into the room the pain and jolt to my head told me otherwise. The door had been left open about a foot. I learned a valuable life lesson. If the door is not there move hand around and make sure it is not just "ajar".

2 comments:

tim said...

As my dear friend Paul S. Miller would say...When is a door not a door?...When it's a jar....

Sorry you had to learn the HARD way.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

If I could pause from laughing long enough to comment........

Your ever concerned wife...
Julie