Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Trout Fishing Disaster

After I got home from school, Kenton was bursting at the seams to go trout fishing. We have a branch of Conneaut Crick that runs up in behind our church. Just before the railroad bridge there is a huge "hole" that is usually full of trout and various other kinds of fish. We set out for the "hole" with buckets for the multitudes of fish we were going to catch on Kenton's "Batman" pole. One tackle box was full of hooks and bobbers in case he decide to catch trees and was not able to reel them in. The other held a fresh supply of slugs, grubs, worm, centipedes and other critters that they dug from the rocks around our home.
Enjoying the spring weather. It was a bit chilly - 49 degrees.

The girls watching the water.

Kenton waiting for a 18" steel head to catch his worm and rip the pole out of his hands.
I noticed Kendra was shadow fishing.
Our Daredevil posing at the edge.
Ready for whatever will bite the stuff in his box.
Then my phone rang...Vince was on the other end. He had just got off the bus and wanted to fish as well. I told him to run on down and told him where we were fishing. That is when our excitement started. On his way down the neighbors dog ran out and bit him. So we ended up taking him to the emergency room to make sure he was okay.
In triage getting his arm band

Waiting for the doctor.



The Bad Puncture Wound - Actually he was fortunate. It got him right above the belt on his side. He had 3 puncture's, 1 tear and 1 good scratch. He is very fortunate. The dog that bit him was a large husky and I hope the experience does not make him afraid of dogs.

3 comments:

The Canfield Family said...

Is it "Crick" or "Creek"? You think 49 degress is chilly........it is supposed to snow here tonight!
Doug

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

It was warm enough for my boy not to have one on and cold enough for me. Actually I was glad I grabbed a coat and was glad I did. The wind was blowing strong and Kenton ended up being very cold without his coat.

About the Creek vs. Crick....I had typed creek in and then edited it. Since I am from Western Pennsylvania, I did not want anyone thinking I would said creek, so I changed it to the way we say it around here. :)

Byron

Daniel Miller said...

Obviously , in PA it's Crik. (My dad's from PA and we visit pretty often.)