Saturday, June 20, 2009

Van Reconstruction

From this post......we start replacing parts. I hit the deer the Friday night before Stephen's EOW and since I could not open my drivers door I used my parents car. Just shows they are good for something right? I say that toungue in cheek. Love you Mom and Dad!!


This will need a little explanation. I had to drill out a broken bolt and tapp it for the new bolt and my drill kept on drilling farther than my estimated distance and drilled into the radiator. I would be emberassed to report this, BUT...I had choked up the bit and thought I was safe. End result was a 13/64" hole pouring out the orange anti-freeze. It is amazing what JB Weld and a 3/8 sheet metal screw will do. So far we have 4,000+ miles and I figure that spot is the strongest part of the radiator.


Installing the new hood...

Prepping for the new bumper.

Finished product:

No comments: