Sunday, November 4, 2007

Congrats John!




What can I say John? You have one and I don't. It would help if I would get out and actually hunt. I am still trying to decide what to call that thing that you used to kill it. It definitely is not bow hunting, since there is no skill in pulling the string back and holding while the deer moves around, and it is not a firearm. It is a gun that shoots arrows...a hybrid for guys that are old and don't have the strength to hold that string back. Great buck and definitely a very cool rack! I see one lone tine coming out below the base of the left beam. Very Unique!!

You Da Man!!! I am assuming this was your first time out this year?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

2 comments:

Dragonslayer13 said...

(1) Actually that's called a crossbow, it's been in use in china since 6000 yrs ago.(2) Age and skill has nothing to do with using a "legal hunting implement". (3) I remember when the stick hunters whined about the new "compound bow" (compounding both pulleys and bow)being faster and easier to use and was cheating as you didn't have to hold it as the sweet spot took over and you had fixed sights for aiming. (4) 2nd day out, saw him the 1st day, no shot. (5) Nice blog sight. Love ya Bro. Best to you and yours... Bro. John the Dragonslayer

Principal T said...

Alaska awaits for those who dare hunt traditionally. (stick hunters, huh!)