Saturday, November 3, 2007

What happened to my hunting time?

Yesterday my wife informed me that next week was the last week of Bow season. My heart did a flip inside! The last week??!!!??? I had great plans for this year. This would be the best year for archery in Pennsylvania because of the when the rut starts. This year it started early - around October 31. Where was I? In Cincinnati at a Pastoral Leadership Conference. As my other friends are flying to Wyoming for pronghorn antelope, hunting in Montana for Muleys and Whitetail, bow hunting in Michigan, I have been so engrossed in my studies and with my church that I somehow I got disjointed with bow hunting this year. I decided to make time to hunt last night and this morning down in Indiana county at my wife's family farm. We headed that way, but with some misfortune we returned back to work on a research proposal and a sermon for Sunday. I do hope to hunt one day next week and at least enjoy being outside. Maybe one year when I have lots of money and nothing else to do I will do a big hunt out west. Then again since time and money enter the picture...maybe I won't.

No comments: