Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good Neighbors

We truly are blessed with good neighbors. They do about anything for us and we try to return the favor. Last night I decided that the noise of the howling of my left front wheel was getting overbearing (pun intended). I guess since I had changed the right wheel bearing it was time to change the left side. Andy Crouch who rents the house across the road from the church found out what I was going to do and stopped over to help me out. It took me awhile the first time through on the right side with dropping the ball joint out of the spindle and pulling the spindle/strut away to get at the bolts in behind. I decided to try a new method which worked much quicker and easier. I used a huge gear puller and pushed the axle till it compressed the springs in the inner and outer CV (constant velocity) joints. This gave me enough room to get a ratchet on the bolts. They sure were not easy.

Thanks allot Andy!!!

No comments: