Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mr. Smiley Goes Everywhere

Since we had a wheel bearing to change and a saxophone to pick up for the Christmas Program I was not able to visit John Graves for a couple of days, I headed off last evening to St. Vincent Hospital in Erie. John is 86 and is one of our older congregants. He took a tumble in his basement carrying a big bag of birdseed. I think he does quite well keeping up his farm but this time the birdseed has slowed him down. After a plate and screws in his leg to repair a shattered bone, he has been spending a couple of extra days rehabbing. I took Kenton and Vincent along with a promise of meeting Papa Gurnee at McD's in Erie. Papa was speaker at the Erie County East Gideons' and was going to be headed back home along that way.





We headed into the hospital and had to remember who had pushed the elevator button the last time we had used one and who was going to push the number on the inside. Rock, paper, scissors will come into play as soon as I can get them used to using it to figure out who is going to get to do what. As we made our way there the nurses googled at the cute boys and shortly after getting in John's room they were in spoiling them with ice cream from their little kitchenette. After our visit the boys were given Mr. Smiley Face balloons which they said they wanted tied to their wrist. I told them to just hold on to the string, but no it had to be tied - OK.



Before meeting dad we stopped into Lowes to pick out a security light for the parsonage since ours had died. The most important part of any store is the restroom and of course as soon as we got in the store that is where they had to go.

......and so this is where these pics com into play. You have to understand on the way there I felt as though there was a person looking at me and I turned in the van to see who was looking at me and there was Mr. Smiley giving me that sappy grin. It sort of gave me the creeps...the boys in the back seat and my instinct was telling me that someone close by staring at me. Weird feeling. I was glad it was just a Mylar balloon.......

Once in the restroom while I am just standing there minding my own business I have another feeling that someone else is watching me and yep you guessed it two Mr. Smileys were watching me or should I say looking away so the two boys could do what they had to do.







We had a great evening. I should have got a pic of Dad and I visiting while the boys inhaled fries and McD cookies. We didn't care that it was 10:00 at night we were having fun and doing some male bonding. Thanks Dad for the hot fudge sundae.

No comments: