Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thank You's from the Bulletin

Most of the time I forget to add church bulletin items in my blog. This week with so many helping out I want to make sure and thank everyone again for their help. Of course nobody likes praise. At least that is what I have found. The hardworking humble servant does not want praise because it goes against his character, and the slacking servant does not want to hear praise for the hardworking servant because it hurts his foolish pride. Never the less at the risk of offending everyone I have always made it a policy to thank everyone that helps in some way around the church every week. It is my trademark. So with that.....from the bulletin:

I want to thank everyone who helped out around the church the paste two weeks. It was extra busy with the amount of work I had with my schooling and I appreciated everyone that helped out. Thanks to Buddy and Lisa Carr for donating the LVL beam for the platform renovation. Blaine Cosner, Jim Gurnee and Roy Shumate helped out as well. Special thanks to Jim Gurnee and Rev. Paul Houseworth who started the siding project. Wayne Drury stopped by to for a few hours Friday. Tom Rodgers worked on the outside water lines, helped get the siding material, and assisted some with the siding on Friday. Roy Shumate provided the scaffolding that we will be using to do the high part. Paul Klien cleaned up after everyone. Andy Crouch did some work on the rental house for us. Larry Miller kept the live stock fed while we were away Friday and Saturday. May the Lord bless each and every one of you for your help in this on going project. Our goal is to have the church sealed up for winter and the platform area opened up for the Christmas program.

No comments: