Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vincent's First Squirrel

The past two weeks have been crazy around here. I have been so busy that I have not been bale to do any scouting or even do any bow hunting for that matter. Priorities. I never thought I would get to the point that other things were more important than bow hunting, but things have changed. We worked at the church to finish the removal of the concrete and old doors from 7:00 a.m. till noon. Then priorities came into place. Everything stopped and we got the 410 and headed out. The leaves are still making it hard to see the squirrels and so we gave up after about an hour an not seeing anything. On our way out of the woods I saw this big red squirrel sleeping on a branch. I say big because red squirrels are the smallest of the squirrels. It was a momma squirrel that looked like she had raised quite a few. Vincent used the 410 and BANG it dropped like a rock to the ground. He was so shocked that it was so easy. He told me that he had decided if he got a squirrel on the first day he was going to keep hunting squirrels all season. Anyway, I am very proud of him.
Vincent is waiting for the squirrel do give him a good shot!

The moment after.


I am so proud of my little guy!

Vincent's Age: 6 years and 4 months

No comments: