Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Old Doors are Gone

I have no pictures for the door removal, we started at & and so we will have to start at the time my wife got out of bed (10:00). I now will duck as things start to get thrown my way! ROFL!!



Take note of who is responsible for laying the block. :)

I calculated the dimensions of the steps and found the weight: 5,743lbs. This will explain why the hoe tipped forward when I moved forward. The tires were spinning and not getting any traction until I let the hoe down to counter balance the weight. In brief the hoe was lifting more than it should have. Don't tell Dad. :) It is one tough hoe.

Chaining the concrete to the hoe.

I will add the video of this in another post.

The entrance way that has been used for 164 years is no longer a viable option for entering or leaving the sanctuary. It almost feels weird not being able to go out of the church that way. Then again I have only been here 4.4 years. Imagine the ones that have gone here for 80-90 years. (Yes we do have several that fit that category.)

2 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Please let me know if the barn is warm tomorrow morning.

Julie

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!

HOBL