Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanks to My Congregation

I want to express my gratitude to the best bunch of people anywhere! It is not very often you find people that are so gracious, love you the way you are, and put up with you the way they do. It makes me want to live here forever. For the past 5 weeks they have done something special every Sunday morning for their pastor. I have heard of other pastors getting special treatments during Pastor Appreciation Month, but this year they out did everyone else and themselves. I am not sure they will be able to top it. They were not doing it because they felt obligated, they did it from their heart and put a lot of love and thought in to it. They have been planning these past 5 Sundays for almost 5 months. I am not sure who all was involved, but special thanks to Peg Shauberger and Ilene Randall for heading up the "taking care of the pastor" committee. My heart was touched each service as they did something out of the ordinary for us.
These three poster boards show pictures from our childhood. They secretly met and talked to our parents to get pictures and information to put this display together.

For more pictures see my wife's blog entry: http://gurneejourney.blogspot.com/2008/10/what-good-shepherd-we-have.html

No comments: