Sunday, November 23, 2008

Congregation Appreciation Sunday

We had a surprise service planned for our congregation. To make a long story short Dave Duvall showed up and crawled in a classroom window so that no one would see him come in. The only problem was the window that I had left unlocked and had taken the screen out, someone felt it necessary to lock it during Sunday School. He was through some help able to get in. I had called Marcella Mooney up and had asked her to bring Tom's guitar. I was acting like I was going to play it and was having a hard time.....I was trying to look and play like Tim Calhoun.

....when as planned Dave stepped out and offered to help out.

I was only to willing to give up Tom's guitar.


He sang a special song dedicated to Tom Mooney.

Marcella looking on with tears in her eyes. This is the first the guitar was played since Tom passed away. He would play once a month for us in his own style.
I
f you ever want to have a great service of worship through guitar music, give Dave Duvall a call.

Singing with his 12 string guitar.



The children enjoyed playing with his son Brentin after dinner.

No comments: