Friday, November 7, 2008

Spending Quality Time With Kids

I have been promising the kids to go spotting for deer for two weeks now. So Wednesday after Bible Study we were to go out. Something changed those plans and so we set out last night. Kenton and I took turns using the light and Vincent and Kendra sat back and enjoyed the show.

A trophy 8 point was bedded down behind a doe about 50' from the road. By the time I got my cellphone camera out it was already 150' away. So I did not get a good picture of the buck. About a 16-17" inch inside spread and about 18" high.

Just as we started to drive away we realized a small spike buck was laying about 30' from our van. It just laid there and watched us. Of course we had to make noise and watch it run away.

Some doe browsing under an apple tree.

We saw a total of 40+ deer in about 30 minutes.




No comments: