Sunday, August 24, 2008

World Record Wiffle Ball Game

This was a fund raising event that will go into the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest wiffleball game.....24 hours worth.
Local Pastors were serving as Official Guinness Book of World Records Witnesses. Alan Thorpe from the Assembly of God and I ran the 11 pm to 3 am shift. I am not sure what I was trying to do when Kenton took the picture. It appears like I have my front teeth over my bottom lip....
My little warriors that braved the night to be part of the contest.
2:39 a.m.
Iron Man Mike with 2 TV crews filming. WSEE 35 and ?
Ben Brozich - the mastermind behind the game.

Kenton waiting to catch the home runs and collect a dollar.
I snapped this picture of Kendra. Later on I found out to my horror she was picking the winning ticket of the 50/50 raffle. I asked her why she did it and she said "He told me to pick the winning ticket!"
The last home run......if you look in the right of the picture you will see the cooler of drink heading Ben's way to give him a good dunking. Unfortunately I did not have my camera going.
Here is a pic of Ben after getting dunked with the cooler.

Teams shaking hands.


Ken getting a reward from his dear wife for 24 hours of ball playing.... I may have to try that myself to see if it fetches me a kiss. LOL!

Lined up for the awards ceremony.

149 Innings

Final score:

White Team: 935 Blue Team: 514

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Byron,
Thanks for putting our big event on your blog - and thanks so much for helping us out! Love the pictures and captions. Just noticed a couple typos where my name was, otherwise they look awesome! Thanks so much!
Ben Brozich