Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Albion Area Fair

It is not every town that tractors are commonly seen driving around, but in our town they do. Albion boasts a huge population of 1,500 people. These guys were coming in for the tractor pull. Not a modified tractor pull, but the tractors that the people use every day to farm.
Just before the opening ceremony a group of ladies called the Cherry Hill Gals were crooning away. My cousins sister in law and a couple other of our friends are a part of it.

I was asked to open the fair with prayer this year.

If you look closely you can see my sermonette...I mean prayer in my hand. I will admit I did use a cheat sheet.

After opening ceremonies we headed over to watch my cousins kids compete in the garden tractor pulling contest.


On Saturday despite the heavy rains the kids got to compete in the pedal tractor contest. Kendra took 6th place. She was beat about by 5 boys, but pedaled farther than 9 other kids her age. Vincent also took 6th place. Considering he is a bean pole and is at the bottom end of the age bracket, he did great.
Kenton was determined to come in 1st this year. Every year he has taken 5th place.

He was really trying hard, but his foot slipped off on the wet pedal and that disqualified him. He is already planning for two years from now when he enters the garden tractor pulling contest. I have two older Cub Cadets that will make great pulling tractors.

George and Ilene Randall spoiling our kids.

There was so much that we did but failed to take pictures. We ate cowboy kettle-corn, cotton candy, fair dogs, and other non healthy foods. The kids rode a couple of rides thanks to George and Ilene and in general had lots of fun. My Uncle Dave Durfee entered my Aunt Ellen's oil paintings that she painted a month before she died. Both her paintings won first place.

No comments: