Friday, September 5, 2008

My Ego was Inflated.....

While we were visiting a town where we had pastored some years ago, I was walking through a park and was greeted by two young men who declared they knew me.
"Don't you remember us?"

"You took us to Chuck E. Cheese!"

My poor brain began to pull back the cobwebs and then I remembered the young men who would have been about 10 and 12. Now they were 15 and 17. There names were Billy and Kevin Eichel. They declared me to be the greatest pastor they ever had. It warmed my heart and yet I felt sad in a way. I sure enjoyed being their pastor and remember the visits to their home on Saturdays and picking them up on Sunday's in my van.

So if you want kids to always remember you and think you are the greatest - take them to Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments: