Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Amish Barn Raising on Labor Day

Yep that guy in the straw hat is none other than a Yankee pretending to be an Amish man. I think he was influenced by a recent trip to an auction down at Mt. Hope in Holmes County Ohio last week. I wont complain, at least this Amish man uses deodorant, shaves....and has a rubber tired backhoe that he recently donated to me. P.S. Jack....Thanks for the back hoe!
Dad and Blaine Cosner

My dear wonderful mother....she puts up with allot!

....even when I put a full nelson on her. Actually her neck was out of adjustment and I was experimenting with chiropractic. She was laughing uncontrollably afterwards. She certainly keeps us humored just watching her laugh!

A cute blonde on the job.

My pretty brunette.


We are sorting through piles of lumber that I have salvaged from various places over the last couple of years. I built the 14 X 36 addition all from scrap wood. I cut down trees and had them cut into boards, Dad disassembled an old deck from a friends home, and 154 year old rafters from the church roof we replaced.

Blaine Cosner was also their to help out. He celebrated his birthday by helping his pastor out. Thanks Blaine!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack,

Glad you think I look Amish. Those Amish people are my friends! They are wonderful people.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Byron,

Stick to preaching, Son - I go back to my chiropractor tomorrow! HA!

Love,
Mom