Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kenton Takes His First Pheasant

Kenton grand slammed his first year of squirrel hunting at age 6 with about 10 squirrels. Red, Fox, Grey's and even the coveted black squirrel. At age 7 he took his first whitetail deer - a half rack 2 point buck. This year he has started the hunting season out well with a nice cock ring neck pheasant. Thanks to Greg Hatcher who is a neighbor, working partner, and friend.

Posing with my guys just before our hunt.

Patiently waiting.

Here they come!!

Greg Hatcher - Pheasant Pro Hunter.

I started to video when Kenton shot his pheasant, but messed up when I hit the record button in my excitement and shut it off. At least you can sense the excitement just before he dropped his pheasant at 25 yards away.

If you notice in the video clip from 30 seconds to 36 seconds "Champ" locked on to a different pheasant and unfortunately I did not get the shot on video. When it cackled before it flew I pushed record which shut off the video instead of turning it on. Kenton will have to hire a new videographer. At the time this video stopped Kenton swung onto a cock pheasant and dropped it right out of the air with his little 410 gauge shotgun. WOW...I am so proud of him!





Kenton got on the phone immediately to call his grandpas to let them know of his success.

Vincent hoping for a chance at a pheasant as well.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a mighty hunter you are raising! Tell him I am proud of him! Love----maryh