Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Center

The Northwestern Youth Community Center celebrated its 1 year anniversary open house at the Center. The Center is a place for young kids to hang out after school in our community. I happen to be a part of it and have been just about since it was started. What do I do? Well I am the resident electrician, and more notably the vice-president of the board. Sounds impressive? Not actually. I found I was the vice-president on Saturday at the open house. I guess I missed the wrong board meeting and got elected. The Center has come along ways and has along ways to go.

Joe Marcewizc from Penn State Behrend speaking.

Some young boys playing with a game.

A little gal enjoying reading.
Kenton is trying out an excercise machine.
Ruth with her shiny new can.
Dr. Corder and I.

Connie Lance has been a big blessing to the Center. She is a key contrbutor as a grant writer and is able to help as a coordinator with free labor by prisoners from the local state prison.

Kenton and Vincent trying their hand at air hockey.
Kendra and Alyssa making their craft.

Sam Ring playing ball with his daughters.
Another one of my friends from counseling with the Strengthening Families Program.
Another Duke fan!
I think he was gettig a kick out of it.
Elizabeth was quietly working away.

No comments: