Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sick a Bed Two Chairs

Not that you care...but I have been extremely sick. All I can find strength to add today(J/K)is the explanation for my title. It is part of my families way of saying we are very sick. My father is the one that taught me this saying when I was a little kid. When you get that sick you pull two chairs together and make a bed to sleep in. I never have asked him why they always did that. Maybe it is so he couldn't roll out of bed and land on his head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son,
When I was a little boy and staying at my grandparent's place, they actually moved two living room chairs together for me to lay on while I was sick with the mumps. The arms of the chairs made it quite cozy.
I like Dairel Rowan's expression for sickness. He says that he feels worse all over than anywhere else!
Dad

Paul said...

My grandmother used to say this to us grandkids when we were little as well!! Brought back a lot of memories when I read your post. Hope you get to feeling better!

Paul Oettinger

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Paul,

Great to hear from you!! We are going skiing soon if you are interested! Send us an email!

Byron