Thursday, February 21, 2008

Of Men and Tractors

What does a guy need the most in life? A tractor of course! (This can change depending on the season and mood.) Even if you have several....Yes you can always use another, especially if it is a good deal. The good deal part is the catch. Not only is the tractor priced low....which did not convince my wife to bite on the deal. Her comment was "Well if the Lord knows you need the tractor......just pray he send in all the money for it." I said ok....I think I did pray about it, but not as fervently as she did. I guess it was just something that she knew I realized was a good deal. All she was thinking about was monthly payments for several years. She prayed hard...I did not doubt.... but who is going to give me $6,300.00. A good deal is not a good deal when you don't have the money.

Long story.....here is a pic of a tractor that is not the exact one but the same make and model. I recieved a call today and the tractor was paid for....I am still waiting to hear if Dad will let me say he bought it for me. The tractor pictured here is priced firm at $9,500.00. Needless to say I think I got a good deal.


It is dangerous having a tractor dealer at the end of the road that my inlaws farm is on. I can not tell you how many times I have pulled in and asked prices on tractors that were traded in. Julie's Uncle Tim tested it out for me. It is a Ford 3600 with about 2,000 hours. It started right up at 20+ degrees out with no ether or heater. I will post pictures of it when it is delivered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Son! - from Mom and I!

BTW, I need to borrow it from April through August. OK?

Love,
Dad

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I think my comment was, "Honey, have you thought about praying that God would give you the money to buy it?" To which my dear husband said, "Ha! Like God is going to drop 6300.00 into our lap." Oh ye of little faith!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Guess it looks like He dumped the tractor instead...lol