Saturday, February 23, 2008

H.A.S - Hunters After Season

We had a great time last night in Salem Ohio. I was asked to bring my bullet collection for display and some of my mounts. I took my 148 5/8 buck from Muskingum County Ohio, a 123 archery buck from Indian County Pennsylvania and my black bear. I am not sure exactly how much it weighed, but what I brought home weighed between 400 - 420 lbs. I did not bring the carcas (spine, rib cage, pelvic bones etc). So it is possible that it weighed upwards of close to 500. I guess I will never know. The skull measured over 18".

Dad, Kenton, and Paul Houseworth enjoying some "lies" being told.

There were about 150+ guys in attendance.


Some of Daryl Muir's taxidermy work.


Kenton proudly posed with his 1st squirrel that Daryl Muir mounted. The squirrell is sitting on the branch Kenton shot him off. The leaves and sticks on the habitat base are from the base of that little tree.


Here is a blurry photo Dad took of my collection before it started.




Kenton just won a trophy for the 2007-2008 Youngest Successful Buck Hunter.


Paul Houseworth shared a story about shooting his ram rod out of the barrell of his muzzle loader.
Daryl Muir and I tied for a prize on the buck scoring contest. Our scores were with in inches of each score. We both nailed one score at 162". I won a cool Mossy Oak hoody.

No comments: