Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camp Reflections Part 2

Bro. Betters after working all day on a septic problem at the church up the road. The girls were staying each night in a community church.

The ladies that prepared our food. (l. to r.) Judy Thomas, Julia Gurnee, Mary Deal, Jill Ridenour, A stranger that showed up to camp when it was almost over, and Elayne Hartman. (Sorry Tracey - couldn't resist.)



Gwen Newton practicing for the Talent Show.



The Boy's Shower that Joe Clark built.




My wife wrapped in a blanket at church.

Inside the Tabernacle/Barn/Airplane Hangar
Janan Hunt playing a special.

The infamous MacGyver of the Far North aka Joe Clark.

Enjoying preaching in the 45-65 degree barn.

On the last day after seeing glimpses of bears crossing all week a nice cinnamon phase black bear made an appearance. I was able to get some video if it as well.

Last but not least... a very cool trailer that hauled the youth around.


Sunday afternoon we headed to North Pole to preach at the Missionary Chapel. We saw this beautiful log cabin across a small lake called Birch Lake.


Eielson Air Force Base - with a group of C-130's that are stationed there.

4 comments:

Gumdrop said...

Awesome pictures of camp! I didnt get any cause my camera broke when i was Michigan :( but thnx for putting these up here! Hope you had fun while you were here!

Kaitlin

Thomas said...

Hey Mr. Byron......yes I got done with those logs over at the Bryan's, I got them done late in the day after you left! And its Joe Clark, and your not supposed to take pictures of Eielson AFB! lol
haha so basically I am critiqueing your blog! lol haha! Have a great week!

Thomas said...

Hey Mr. Byron, I got the logs over at the Bryan's done later in the day after you left! The name of the Far North MacGyver is....... JOE Clark, and it is illegal to take pictures of Eielson AFB! hahahahahaha Have a great week!

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Thanks for the info Thomas...I guess I will have to wait for the men in black to stop by and take my hard drive. LOL

Kaitlin - I will be sending you a DVD of all the pics.

Byron