Wednesday, July 30, 2008

North Pole Missionary Chapel

Here is one of the most beautiful Churches I have had the privilege of being in.




The Newton's helped to cover over my singing attempt with their melodious voices.





It was great to be with the Newtons. They know how to joke around and have fun.


With my help...Duane cooked up some Halibut - DELICIOUS!! Every time he dumped a batch out of the fryer it was my job to salt them sample a couple to make sure they were okay and then cover each layer with a paper towel. WOW it was good!! ...and I don't even like fish.

Gwen cooked up a moose roast and the gravy from it was absolutely delicious. I want to go back just to have another meal .


Jason and Tammy Dodson were also there at our evening with the Newtons.


Some of Duane's handiwork. They sure are fortunate to have him as pastor. He does allot around the church and parsonage. A great servant leader which is the model of Christ.

Another moose. I snapped this picture near the Army Base - Fort Wainwright. I went along with Duane to load up some lumber material for Andy Bryan. Andy is working along the Yukon in a school remodeling project. The material gets shipped by barge down the Tanana River and then down the Yukon to St. Mary's where they are working. I hear Daryl Quessenberry is learning how to build under Andy's guidance this summer. Hopefully by the time the summer is over he will know how to cut a board and nail it into place.


The native chapel in Fairbanks.



Far North Christian School.



Some hitchhiker that my wife picked up. She cleaned up real well after some soap and hot water. We prayed with her and just hope that the seed of the gospel will have sprouted in her heart. PS. Thanks Tracey for letting us stay at your house a couple of days.

This is what she thought of our visit.


Sunday night Kevin and Peggy Taylor came over for a visit. Kevin had made up the richest chocolate ice cream ever. It was good!


The light poles in North Pole.







Proof we were in Santa Clauses House.





1 comment:

Mamabear said...

Thankyou SO much for taking my picture before I was actually conscious! ,,,and publishing it on the world wide web. Your thoughtfulness humbles me.