Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eh? Part 2

I must explain the title in this part 2 and also the part 1 of my posting of our trip to Canada. I met many great people from there and almost without exception the have a little word used at the end of every other sentence - "Eh?". So I jokingly kept saying "Eh?" when I was talking. I did this partly in tease and ...well it seemed to come so au naturale'. My wife was sorely displeased with the new term and scowled ferociously when I would say "Eh?". The joke is on her for last evening she asked me a question and ended it with "Eh?". I was truly ROFL - Rolling on the floor with laughter.


OK...on to our Niagara experience.

Vincent was driving a semi. I was the passenger. I was leaning hard to keep the truck on the road.

Helping Kenton fly his F-16.

My awesome kids hanging loose till I got back with the IMAX theatre tickets.

The Skylon Tower.

The Little car that rides up the side. My wife and I had dinner at the top of this 12 years ago on our 1st anniversary.


With the American Falls in the background.

A great view of the Horseshoe Falls.

American Falls

Maid of the Mist

One of the first turbine electric generators installed by Nikola Tesla.




My kids acting like their mother's father in-laws son on the outside of the Skylon.
MMMMMM!!!!!
Hoping for some gold.


One of my favorite people from history: Nikola Tesla Electrician Extraordinaire and Genius

This Bronze Buffalo has a long story. We stopped for some pictures for the blog and a cop pulled in behind us with lights flashing. The officer asked if everything was alright. I replied "Yes everything was alright". To distract him from asking anymore questions I pointed out to him that my check engine light was on. He asked if my engine was overheating. I said "No". He asked if my gas cap was loose. I guess he thought that could make my light come on. I got out and we checked the cap. Of course it was all right. He asked if I needed a tow truck and I said "No". As we drove off my son informed me that the check engine light has been on since we bought the vehicle. I guess the cop should have asked why we were stopped instead of was our car alright. Right in front of us was a sign that read - "No stopping except for emergency purposes."

No comments: