Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last Day In AK

I had to make a stop before I left Alaska at one of the "Shoe Box Starbucks". They have these little sheds allover and you can grab espressos, lattes, etc. The prices were way better than Starbucks.


Interesting meeting. We flew from Pittsburgh to Salt Lake with these guys. We were bumming around Anchorage and I recognized them. They were from Irwin and Jeanette Pa. They were not even going to be on the return flights with us, but were flying out the same night. Julie wishes I would remember other "more important" things. LOL!


We went to the docks and watched them unload these containers off of ships with cranes and then load them on railroad cars with this machine.



Alaska Wild Berry Place



20' waterfall of 3,500lbs of real melted chocolate. Julie wanted to jump in.




Two moose that had gotten their racks stuck and died.



Taking a ride on a polar bear. Yep I did!



Before we left we got to meet Benny Durrs brother Robert and his wife.



They pastor the Pilgrim Nazarene Church in Anchorage.



Another moose just before we got to the airport.



My buddy Nick

After a super snail slow TSA checkpoint in which I wrote them and compained...

We flew home!!!!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I really enjoyed all of your Alaska pictures. It brought back a lot of memories. I spent 6 weeks at Dot Lake visiting my Uncle Dick and Aunt Marilyn Thomas when I was 16. It was great seeing pictures of familiar places and of people I know and am related to:-}.
Patty (Russell) Stamper

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Patty,

Great to hear from you...the last time I saw you we were playing football and I threw a pass that conked Becky (Hales) Fish on the head as you and her walked by.

Byron