Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eh? Part 1

And so we head to "Canada".... definitely not our home or native land as their song says. However we did enjoy our trip, make new friends, and hopefully did our best to minister to the little children. I think we must have done at least a half way decent job or maybe they are extremely hard up for workers or maybe the wanted some good American influence, because they asked us to come back for camp next year. Enjoy a few pictures out of the 1007 that we took.

Ready to cross from Canaan to Canada.
Each time I picked the slowest lane for the customs agents. Julia says it is because I have been asking God to help me with my patience. WOW He sure is trying to do His best to make sure I learn it good.


On the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Way. Interesting fact (out of many) they Speak French, yet everything is British based. There are many remains of the influence. I finally figured out how they were able to give the citizens of Canada free health care.....they do not mow there interstate (maybe I should call them inter-provincial) highways. I guess the wild weed flowers were somewhat pretty.
And this takes the cake. A copy of our AAA. I even did my research, the USA started the American Automobile Association in 1902 and Canada followed with the Canadian Automobile Association in 1913.

I have yet to confirm this, but I believe this is the Canadian Official Tree. All around the large cities you see nothing but huge electric towers. It does have an adverse affect on the scenery around Toronto, hamilton and the cities around Lake Superior. We pulled into camp right behind this trailer that promptly got stuck. Any guesses who it is? One clue: It is not Mac Donald.

They hooked chains and straps and got the McCrearys pulled out. It was good to see Mac and Pansy again.

A life lesson from a tree stand.

Teaching the fine points of archery.


Kenton strikes a pose with the compoud bow.


Making sure Luther is putting an arrow toward the target this time and not the tabernacle.
Jeffery is preparing for the hunt on the morrow. I think that is how the Canadians would say it. Eh?

I am not sure which bulls-eye Jeremy aimed at, but he got one!Mr. LaPaige takes aim.

Our Great Group!!

New Friends - Luke Byer and his wife.
My lovely lady telling the story about a fish. Honey this is supposed to be about hunting!
Sneaking up on the Monster Buck!

With the downed Odocoileus virginianus....


They somehow thought that this great trophy looked like Bob the Buck from back at our childrens church room. There was no way I could convince them that this was a variation of a Canadian Whitetail commonly known as Odocoileus Plasticanus. They claimed their deer had fur I claimed that this type of deer when shot the fur hardens quickly into a plastic form. I had a few takers, although most were doubtful or at most dubious.

No comments: