Sunday, January 27, 2008

4 Wheeling and Broken Sleds

Steven and Shandra came for the weekend and we had a blast. Of the many winter sports we engaged in we had a blast riding the 4 wheeler and towing sleds. The funniest thing happened to us while going for a long ride over a mile away in the woods. At the time it didn't seem so funny. I was towing them through the woods and was coming onto an old abandoned railroad tracks when I felt the sled give a tug on the rope. No problem, I gave the quad the gas and the sled ripped in half. I had dodged some tree limbs and the sled hit a small log buried in the snow. There sat Steven with two kids in his lap and I still had a small part of the sled still attached to the rope. With no sled to pull all 6 of us piled on the quad and rode up to the house on the property which we were riding. It was owned by a lady who attends our church. She opened her garage and let us borrow a sled to get home. Here is what we looked like with 6 of us piled on the quad.



Later I hooked up two runner sled with about 8' of rope in between the quad and first sled and 8' between the second sled. Kenton and Vincent jumped on the sleds on their bellies. Vincent did not like the snow blowing in his face at 40 mph so he ended up riding with me on the quad on the way back. We went almost a mile and then headed back. I wish I had the video of Kenton having fun steering the runner sled back and forth like a water skier at 40 mph. The best part is when he flipped it and slid up the road at that speed and into the snow bank. He emerged with a huge grin showing through his snow covered face. He hopped back on the sled and was ready for the rest of the ride. I got him about a foot off the road going over the tracks by our house. It surprised him, and me but he enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

If the property WAS owned by a lady in your church, then what was she still doing there? LOL

Anyway, looks like fun.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Only a highly technical proofreader would catch such a small miute miniscule little tiny mistake. :) LOL. Actually I am sure that you will find many more. It should have read is. I guess I should slow down in my entries. I ussually take about a couple of minutes to enter them. I will sip a mug of tea next time. Tell your hubby Happy Birthday and I made a post on MH for him.

Michelle said...

Slow down in your comments too - lol.

I can't help but proofread with the job I have!