Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cell Phones, Cigarettes, and Substitutes

This is what I found in the heater compartment.

Today was my worst day of teaching. Yesterday was not much better. I guess I did not help myself by busting up the smoking ring at school. I guess some teachers are oblivious to what is going on. I found cigarettes stashed every where from behind fish tanks to the heaters in back entryway. They had a system of letting each other outside to smoke behind the greenhouse and also in the ball field. Finding the cigarettes was yesterday, finding them smoking was today.

Of course I had to interfere with their system and I made some kids real mad at Cool Mr. G. Well, I guess I am now Not so Cool Mr. G. now.





Then they all had cell phones and were constantly trying to text message or use them. What are you going to do. You as a teacher have no right. You can not even search them or their locker with out special permission. So you see the cell phone and then it disappears and guess what.... they refuse to hand it over. I seriously think they need to reinstitute corporal punishment at school. I guess since the parents don't train them up with respect, they might gain some from Mr. Woody. Okay enough of my whining. Tommorow is another day.

"Mr. Woody"

No comments: