Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Farm Show

While Tim Calhoun was at the Pennsylvania State Farm Show I was filling in for the Ag teacher who was also at the farm show. It has been the worst 3 days of my teaching career. After finding cigarettes(Monday) and busting some for smoking(Tuesday) as a result they did a locker search today(Wednesday). I am one hated teacher to a few certain students. I had one girl so mad her making up was running down her face (she looked like she was trying to get ready for a KISS rock concert) she proceeded to come into my room after her locker search and read every word out of the foul language dictionary to me then she proceeded to slam her head into the wall. Real intelligent, as if it was my fault. So with her permanently kicked out of school and many kids with 1 week OSS and many others with multiple day ISS or OSS.......you can understand why I am no longer the "Cool Mr. G." in the Ag department.....well I guess at least to some. Then after that whole fiasco I look out the window and guess what yet another student puffing away. He tried to duck and hide, but he also got caught. Overheard "Dude how dumb...Mr. G is @#% on cigarettes these days!"
Tomorrow and Friday will be better. I will teach band and chorus. All I have to do is observe. A retired band teacher will be in to lead the band....I was told to bring a book or something top do or I will be bored. I think it will be a little better than the last 3 days.

No comments: