Tuesday, March 4, 2008

An Icy Excursion

All I can say is.....I got a free pull out of this spot by the owner of the restaurant.


We headed to Erie tonight to pick up Julie's free dishwasher. As we headed down route 20 we noticed a new restaurant that had just opened. Actually a restauramt that had relocated in a new building. We pulled in to check it out and the rest is history. I think if you click on the picture and make it big, you will see the glaze of ice that had everything covered. Kenton was wishing that he had brought his iceskates along to skate around the parking lot. I was not really in the frame of mind to entertain such comments. The owner of the restaurant happened to have a 4-wheel drive truck and a log chain to pull people. I guess I was not the first one. When I got back to the van to get a pull Julie ponted out other tracks that had done similar things. One had even made it clear down to the road. She thought that if I had of gunned it I could have kept on going and done the same. Well we have a memory that when we ever eat or drive by the place everyone will say "Do you remember when ...on that icy night...."

After we made several more stops and heard horns honking and watched people sliding around we found out there was a pile-up on the interstate. When we got to entrance ramp the east bound side was backed up for quite a ways.


No comments: