Sunday, March 2, 2008

Saturday Evening With the Boys at the Hunting Expo

After busying myself with church activities for most of the day Saturday, I called Julie up and had her get the boys ready to head to Erie. We picked up our neighbor and his grandson and headed to the new Bayfront Convention Center right in the Presque Isle Bay. There is literally a channel for boats 20' from the entrance.



Wayne Drury, Sam Williamson, Lacy and Aarron Harrington with little Logan.



Here is Kenton posing with a Colt AR-15. This is very similar to the M-16 used by the military.


There were allot of outfitters with mounts on display. I found out allot about bear weights by talking to the various guides. I never knew what my bear weighed, I always had an approximate figure. I guess I figured too low. They had a bear on dsplay that mine looked larger than, but the wight was quite a bit more. I gave them my dimensions and they figured my bear went 500-525 lbs. After talking it over with Dad, when I brought the bear home, one thing I left was the skeleton(ribs backbone etc.) I guess my 420lbs was conservative. Who will ever know? Who will ever care? No one.

Here are K&V posing with a huge brown bear.


This silly Owl refused to look at me. No matter where I went to take a picture, it would turn its head. One time it turned it clear around backwards.


A turkey vulture - the garbage trucks of the road kills.


Looking at an alligator.


Vincent posing with the AR-15.


Sam and the boys dreaming about 4-wheelers.

No comments: