Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Photoghapher

Kenton turns to photography during the finishing of his Squirrel mounting. Notice the tongue sticking out of his mouth. This trait is an inherited one from his Grandmother Gurnee. Fortunately it skipped a generation before popping out in him.

This is what he was capturing.

I was cutting angles on the habitat base that Daryl Muir was working on. I decided that I wanted it a little more classy than a square end. I cut a 45 degree andle off of each corner thus making it an octagon.


The boys and I had gathered up the leaves and sticks that were at the bottom of the tree that the squirrel was sitting on. Daryl is sorting the 3 layers: dirt, roots and growth, and then the leaves and sticks.


Here is a close up of the corners complete with the stained trim pieces.

These are the actual leaves and sticks that were laying pretty much the same way at the base of this little tree. The stick that is up in the air was in the same position almost resting against the base of the tree.

The finished product in my office.

It will go to Kenton's room once we remodel it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son, Did you use the criteria that I taught you: "Is it kind, necessary and true?"
Mama G.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Momma Lou,
Was it kind: No doubt that showing the great correlation between grandma and grandson was an act of great kindness. Only someone who is as kind and loving like me would have even caught the great similarity.

Was it true: Yes - I never lie, you taught me that.

Was it nessecary: Absolutely, it brought to the attention of two people that I love dearly that tey indeed are genetically related. No doubt in anyone's mind. I am sure you appreciate the interest I have in you both.

BUB

PS You both look cute when in that "look". HEEHAW

diamond said...

I like the idea that you gathered leaves etc from the kill site and used them in the forever display.

KC

Anonymous said...

That is so cute when Kenton did that with his tongue.I've seen it incartoons before but never on a real person.That is cute.
Tiff Mooney