Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wherein I Owe Two Dollars...

...to Doug at the Country Fair in Edinboro. I headed out to see Sis. Mason. I jumped into the gas station to grab something to drink. Then my eyes caught a new candybar..... This was released in December 2007 and I had never seen one before. I had to try one. Well they were .50 or two for .99 So I bought two to save a penny. At the cash register I reached in for my 2 dollars and remembered putting elsewhere earlier in the day. I went for my bank card which I had taken out the day before and it was nicely back home with my wife. There I was with a fountain drink and two candy bars and no way to pay. The people behind me were patiently waiting as I patted my pockets knowing full well nothing was in them, but hoping by some miracle that I could find 2.00.
I looked again at my wallet....the church credit card..... Hmmmmm
In a move to keep from being anymore emberassed I grabbed the church card (shhhh don't tell Sis. McAdoo) and handed it to Doug. He swiped and asked for my pin.
**** Enter.

DECLINED!!

What the church card has at least 4,000.00 in it....I just saw the bank statement. Then I saw the expiration date (2/08). Ok I admit I was emberassed. I asked Doug to take my name and number, drivers liscence # and I would come back. He started to write it down and then said "Just take it, its on me". He opened his wallet and paid for it. I told him I would be back and repay him. He nodded with that look that said uh huh yeah right. I guess I will be making a trip over to Edinboro anyway and I will pay him back. My wife can not figure out why I owe two bucks for my "pop". The candybars were great! I should have brought one for her. :)

No comments: