Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Remember These?

I remember the Christmas in 80 or 81 when I got one of these sleds. I would take it to the top of the hill and slide down. They were very fast but you felt everything as it passed under you. Then I got the brainy idea of tying our German Shepherd to it and then Dad would call him once I was ready. As fast as our dog could run I would be fling along behind. There was a ditch two thirds of the way down over the hill and when I would hit that I would go airborne for at least the distance of 15'. The landing was fairly smooth, but I would feel it pretty good at times. I would hardly be able to see for the snow flying in my face as I desperately hung on for dear life.
Roll Up Sleds or Slick Sleds. They still sell them.
Those were the days my friend...
I wished they'd never end.....

No comments: